Friday, August 28, 2009

MY First Blog EVER

So, I'm in New Hampshire visiting some really great friends and staying in this cabin up on a hill about 300 yards from the main house. We got there Wednesday night 8/19/09 and Friday night after some good wine and some good fun (playing charades) I went to bed. Then about an hour later, when I was fast asleep already, my daughter barges in and wakes me up saying, "Dad, mom just fell and is hurt." Mom, being Catherine my wife, had "twisted" here ankle. So, do we take her to the hospital on Friday night at 11:00 pm or do we wait until morning? We waited until morning. Turned out she had three broken bones in and around her ankle. The ankle bone was actually sepearted from the Fibula, which can be very problematic, not to mention painful. The Doctor, a great doctor named Franke, had to do surgery and implant a 4 inch metal plate with 7 screws holding it. The bone needed to be stabalized in order to fuse to where it belonged.
Catherine is now recovering and hopefully healing quickly. Otherwise, our trip to New Hampshire was a blast. I built a screen door for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment